The University of Kansas School of Education offers a variety of online programs to meet the needs of today’s educators.
Consistently ranking as one of U.S. News & World Report’s Top-20 Schools of Education, the University of Kansas educates future teachers, administrators, counselors, psychologists and health and sport professionals with a longstanding reputation for excellence and ongoing contributions to the field of education.
Master's in Education
What You Can Expect from the online Master's in Educational Administration at KU.
The School of Education works to expand and deepen the understanding of education as a fundamental human endeavor and help society define and respond to its educational responsibilities and challenges. It serves the nation and the world by preparing individuals who want to make a difference in their communities to be leaders and practitioners in education and related human service fields.
The School of Education at the University of Kansas is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). NCATE’s performance-based system of accreditation fosters competent classroom teachers and other educators who work to improve the education of all P-12 students.
What makes these online education programs unique?
- Ranking. Our School of Education ranks in the Top 20 in the nation and our Special Education Department is ranked No. 1 according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Faculty. The same nationally recognized faculty who teach in the campus-based version of our programs design, deliver and oversee the online education master's degree programs.
- Innovation. With our innovative online courseroom and mobile app, you can manage your coursework and connect to your KU community anytime, anywhere.
- Community. Learning comes to life when student and faculty connect, engage and learn from each other. You’ll have opportunities to build rich engagement and lasting relationships with a community of peers and faculty who share your values and passions.
- Practitioner-focused. Our online education programs are designed to allow you to apply what you are learning in real-time – enabling you to make an immediate difference – whether you are in a classroom or other consultative settings.
Curriculum & Instruction
The online Master’s in Curriculum & Instruction helps educators develop the skills to become better leaders in their classroom by preparing you with effective instructional and curriculum design strategies for general and specialized educational needs.
- Curriculum & Instruction (Master’s)
- Curriculum & Instruction – Reading (Master’s)
- Curriculum & Instruction – TESOL (Master’s)
No. 1 ranked Department of Special Education, according to U.S. News & World Report
Led by faculty who are demonstrated leaders and innovators within the field of special education, these innovative online graduate programs prepare you to compassionately and expertly engage with students with special needs.
The online Master’s in Educational Administration challenges you to make a difference in the lives of students and teachers in your school and community. This practical program prepares administrators, researchers, faculty members and leaders for positions in all levels of the educational system.