Online Special Education Programs at KU
#1 Online Master’s in Special Education
in the nation1
Multiple Program Offerings
in autism, leadership and transition; master's degrees, graduate certificates and licensure endorsements are available
Setting the Standard
KU has been educating special education professionals for over 50 years
The University of Kansas online special education programs help guide educators who support students with disabilities as they work to achieve their full potential. They are leaders and advocates—educators, other professionals and family members—who must understand the unique abilities and needs of persons with disabilities.
Online graduate study through the University of Kansas School of Education and Human Sciences can prepare you to enter or advance your career in this in-demand field. Our online Master’s in Special Education has been ranked No. 1 in the nation by U.S. News and World Report,1 and in this department you'll learn from faculty members who are internationally acclaimed as academics and educators who adeptly balance research, policy and practice. Through applied experiences and case-based learning, build a toolkit of special education resources and techniques with true real-world application that will help you make a difference in the lives of students with disabilities, their families and others.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Leadership in Special and Inclusive Education
High Incidence Disabilities
Secondary Special Education and Transition
Gain the foundational and advanced knowledge and skills you need to serve students identified with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Which online graduate program in ASD is right for you?
- I want a master's degree to focus my professional career as a specialized ASD educator or service professional. Explore the online master's in ASD
- I already have a master's degree or am not ready for a full master's program, but I want to be better equipped to work with children with ASD in my current career or as an advocate. Explore the online graduate certificate in ASD
Whether you are an educator, administrator, principal, director, other school staff, concerned family member or an advocate, this special education graduate certificate program prepares you with a deep understanding of special education policy and law, while equipping you with the skills necessary to identify and remove barriers to inclusive policy, principles and practice.
Support students with learning disabilities, emotional and/or behavioral disorders, mild cognitive disabilities and autism spectrum disorder.
Which online graduate program in high incidence disabilities is right for you?
- I want a master’s degree, and I am a current general education teacher who would like to work as a special education teacher or enhance my skills in meeting the needs of students receiving special education. I want to qualify for a special education teaching endorsement.* Explore the online master's in high incidence disabilities teacher track
- I want a master’s degree, and I am a consultant, advocate or other interested party in the field of special education who would like to apply what I learn outside of the classroom. I do not need to meet special education teacher licensing requirements. Explore the online master's in high incidence disabilities non-teacher track
- I already have a master's degree or am not ready for a full master's program, but I am a current teacher seeking a high incidence disabilities licensure endorsement to transition to a career in special education. Explore the online high incidence disabilities licensure endorsement-only track
Support students as they transition to adulthood and decide whether to continue with their education, search for a job or forge a meaningful life in some other way in their community.
Which online graduate program in secondary special education and transition is right for you?
- I want a master’s degree to enhance my ability to lead the transition process for individuals in my classroom, school or other professional setting. Explore the online master's in secondary special education and transition
- I already have a master's degree or am not ready for a full master's program, but I would like to learn relevant transition strategies and best practices. Explore the online graduate certificate in secondary special education and transition
- Retrieved on February 5, 2021 from usnews.com/education/online-education/university-of-kansas-155317